Sunday, August 12, 2012

5: One less NIghtmare

As I sat in church making this list -and not paying attention-I thought of a few things that I could do which are completely out of character. For example, kissing 22 boys before I'm 22... that one probably wont happen for obvious reasons. Also, quitting my job without 2 weeks notice and making a big scene about it. And many many other funny ones which may or may not happen.

I did do something that I have been stubborn about for years. I bought a helmet for my bike... Many of you know, I am obsessed with my bike. I would rather by a $2000 road bike than a car. (Strange, I know). However, my whole life I have hated bike helmets. My parents said I could not ride my bike if I was not wearing a helmet when I was a kid. I had to wear this hideous boy helmet with a huge eagle on it. I got made fun of and I have been traumatized ever since. But being the daughter of an emergency room doctor and a public health major I should know better. But let's be real here, there's nothing that screams nerd more than wearing a bike helmet. I could keep going but I got over it. When I say "I got over it" I mean I had too many nightmares that I killed myself on the way home from work. So $45 bucks or my brain?

Here's a picture of my sweet bike (The knife) and my new helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment