Friday, September 21, 2012

16: Get code to the copy machine


This one was a secret goal that I've had for a while. I’m a TA for a course in the health science department and I pretty much live in the office. The secretaries and I are good friends. Like really good friends… I know all of the secretary’s sons and we frequently sit in the office eating candy talking about our weeks and exchanging good throw-up stories. For some reason I really like funny vomit stories so if you have any I’d love to hear them.  Most of these conversations occur when we’re waiting for my copies to get done. I can’t go in and make my own because all of the machines have codes that only the secretaries and professors know. I wanted to be in the loop. Why? I have no idea. So I made it a goal to get the codes. The funny thing is that I didn't even have to try for this one. I just continued doing my every day routine and one day I asked for some copies and they showed me how to use the machine. That happened a few times and then they just straight up gave me the code and access to the machine. Either they like me a lot or everyone and anyone has access to the machine and I was the last one to know.  Nonetheless, I felt accomplished. 

I don't have pictures for this one either. I didn't want to tell the secretaries about my goal and ask them for a picture of me with the machine. Maybe that should be the next goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment